Game Plan for Game Day
Jan 29, 2018 03:32AM
● By Family Features
Whether you want to step up your hosting game or just plan to contribute to the game day spread, it’s easy to create the perfect plan with an array of premium food, without the premium price tags.
Simplify party prep and cleanup: Paper towels, plastic cutlery and game day-themed plates and napkins can make post-party cleanup a breeze, not to mention festive. Save time on party prep by picking up everything you need at one location. You can find these paper goods and all the ingredients for a tasty spread, including fresh produce, meats, dips, chips and snacks, at a grocery store like ALDI. There are plenty of options to fit nearly every lifestyle and budget.
Make it buffet style: Let your guests serve themselves on game day. Buffets showcase a wide variety of dips, chips and snacks and are an affordable, fun option to please all your guests. This party trick also makes it easy to grab a quick bite between plays or during commercial breaks.
Go after unusual suspects: Elevate traditional dips, hummus, guacamole and salsa with different dipping options. Crostini, crispbread, gluten-free crackers and unexpected veggies like rainbow carrots, sugar snap peas and asparagus would add dimension to your menu and put a spin on your favorite game day snacks.
Get out of the kitchen: Just because you’re hosting should not mean you don’t get to enjoy yourself. Avoid spending hours in the kitchen with this crowd-pleasing Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. Mix the ingredients in a slow cooker, turn it on high and then you’re ready to kick off the party.
Find more ideas and recipes for game day at ALDI.com.
Buffalo Chicken DipRecipe courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds Kirkwood Never Any! Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Burman's Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Tuscan Garden Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 8 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon sea salt from Stonemill Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 teaspoons pepper from Stonemill Peppercorn Grinder
- 1 cup Happy Farms Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
- In slow cooker, combine chicken, hot sauce, ranch, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Turn slow cooker to high and cook 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Shred chicken. Add cheese to slow cooker and stir. Turn slow cooker to warm and enjoy with tortilla chips, baguettes or crunchy veggies.
Tip: For easy shredding, place cooked chicken breasts in stand mixer with paddle attachment and turn on low until shredded.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images