5 Easy Ways to Refresh Your Home
Dec 17, 2016 03:34AM ● Published by Family Features
(Family Features) When it comes to finding the time to refresh your home, there is truly no time like the present. Tackling your home cleaning and updating checklists does not have to be a chore – try taking inspiration from a few of your favorite tastes and smells by utilizing the five senses to keep spaces clean and inviting.
- Sight: Thoroughly wash windows until they are dirt-free so the sun can shine through. Capitalize on sunny days, no matter the season, by opening curtains and shades instead of using harsh bulbs. The natural light will soften the look of the room, making it more inviting, not to mention the savings on your energy bills.
- Sound: Curate a cleaning playlist full of your favorite upbeat tracks. For smaller tasks, use the playlist as a timer. Have to clean out the fridge? Challenge yourself to get it done in three songs or less. Wiping down the tabletops and counters? Give yourself one song. Not only will singing to your favorite tunes make the chores go faster, it will help you achieve all of your tasks in a timely fashion.
- Smell: It is no secret that if a home smells clean, it feels clean. Toss out old candles and plug-in air fresheners that you’ve been depending on and opt for a whole home solution. Filtrete Whole House Air Fresheners adhere to your heating and cooling system air filter to release scented air to multiple rooms through the home’s air vents for up to 30 days.
- Touch: Depending on the season, choose fabrics that fit your home’s general decor and aesthetic, but will also keep you comfortable. In the summer, you’ll want to shed some layers – choose lighter blankets that can be layered on cooler nights. As winter settles in, revamp old comforters with patterned duvets, pairing them with heavy throws and bold pillows. No matter the season, comfort is always key.
- Taste: Turn your snacks into decor. Instead of hiding your favorite fruits in your crisper drawer, place them in a unique bowl as a centerpiece in your kitchen or dining room – fruits like apricots, cherries and plums are great options, but whatever is in season will do. Not only will this encourage healthy eating, but it will also add another pop of color to the space.
For more tips to freshen your home, visit Filtrete.com.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images