6 Better-for-You Milkshakes to Enjoy this Summer
Jun 25, 2016 04:32AM
● By Family Features
(Family Features) With warmer weather ahead, milkshakes are a perfect on-the-go option to cool down and indulge your sweet tooth. Adding fruits and vegetables to your milkshake can help you indulge guilt-free. For added nutritional value, build your milkshake using a combination of good-for-you ingredients like fruit, vegetables and milk.
Using dairy milk as the base of your milkshake provides nine essential nutrients like vitamin D and calcium, as well as 8 grams of natural high-quality protein per 8-ounce glass. For a more flavorful milkshake, use frozen fruit instead of ice cubes in your sweet treat. Then, consider adding ingredients like fresh greens, spices, nuts, whole grains and more. There are almost endless nutritious milkshake combinations to suit every taste. Here are six delicious, better-for-you milkshake recipes to try this summer.
1. Creamy Green Goddess Milkshake – Try a new take on a favorite flavor: a green goddess milkshake. Start your creamy green milkshake with milk, then add spinach, banana, avocado and pineapple. This recipe is an easy way to drink your vegetables.
2. Protein Power Player Milkshake – Combine chocolate, banana and almonds for a tasty milkshake with 7 grams of protein that makes for a great morning or afternoon snack.
3. Protein-Packed Berry Burst Milkshake – Having a berry boost milkshake for breakfast can fuel your morning. Blend 8 ounces of milk with berries for a tasty milkshake recipe perfect for a breakfast on the go.
4. Banana Breakfast Milkshake –This shake is an easy breakfast drink bursting with banana flavor.
5. Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake – Fruit and peanut butter milkshakes make great grab-and-go breakfasts for kids of all ages. Turn a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich into a milkshake by adding 8 ounces of milk. If you want to take a PB&J on the road without all the crumbs and stickiness, try this peanut butter and jelly milkshake recipe for a new twist on a lunchtime favorite for breakfast, a snack or anytime.
6. Peaches and Cream Milkshake – Using frozen peach slices, honey and fresh mango, this sweet and creamy milkshake, made with an 8-ounce glass of milk, is reminiscent of the classic Southern dessert.
For additional recipes, nutrition tips and more, visit MilkLife.com.