Every Bunny Loves Easter
Mar 23, 2015 04:39AM ● Published by Family Features
With Easter just around the corner, everyone is hopping to the candy aisle to pick up tasty treats. Celebrate the fun of the season with special sweets that everyone will enjoy.
With the never-ending selection of Easter candies to fill your baskets and dessert spreads, picking the best can be difficult. In fact, the National Confectioners Association ranks this springtime celebration as the nation’s second top-selling candy holiday.
A new addition to the candy aisle this spring includes a Nestlé Crunch candy line inspired by Charles Schulz’s beloved Peanuts characters, including Charlie Brown and Snoopy. These whimsical products join Nestlé’s existing collection of chocolate and sugar favorites that are sure to inspire creativity with gift baskets, egg hunts and sweet treats.
Also new this year, candy lovers can feel better about the chocolate they’re choosing. Nestlé Confections & Snacks has announced the purchase of certified, sustainable cocoa equal to the amount needed to produce the entire Easter chocolate collection for the season through the Nestlé Cocoa Plan, Nestlé’s global commitment to sustainable cocoa. For the first time, U.S. consumers can purchase any products from Nestlé’s chocolate Easter collection and know that their purchase supports Nestlé’s commitment to better cocoa farming practices, improving social conditions and ethical sourcing. All of Nestlé’s Easter chocolate collection will feature a Nestlé Cocoa Plan logo on-pack to help you make a choice this Easter that is delicious and sustainable.
Do you have an Easter gathering to host or attend? Hop into the kitchen and whip up this simple recipe for Egg-Ceptional Easter Nests. Featuring Nestlé NestEggs, the bite sized NestEggs are available in a variety of flavors including Nestlé Crunch, Crunch Creamy Caramel, Crunch Peanut Butter and Butterfinger, providing plenty of options to please every palate.
For more Easter inspiration visit www.Facebook.com/NestleCrunch or www.Facebook.com/Butterfinger.
Egg-Ceptional Easter Nests
- Wax paper
- 1 2/3 to 2 cups (11- to 12-ounce package) Nestlé Toll House Butterscotch or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) chow mein noodles
- 30-60 Nestlé NestEggs, any flavor
- Line trays with wax paper.
- Microwave morsels in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high (70 percent) power for 1 minute; stir. The morsels may retain some original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
- Add chow mein noodles to morsel mixture; toss until coated. Using ice cream scoop that measures about 2 rounded tablespoons, scoop and drop onto prepared trays then immediately shape into nests. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, place 1 or 2 candy eggs in each nest. Store prepared nests in covered container for up to 1 day.